lørdag den 20. oktober 2012
OLE FRA KØGE - MY FIRST DAY IN DENMARK
I really wanted to go to study in Denmark and I arrived on 14 August 2012 at 10 am at the airport Kastrup and it was really like a city of the future. Firstly I went to the metro and it is driven not by person, but by system. On the bus you get in only from the first door and off from the others. Later I realized as well that you have to press the red button, otherwise the bus won´t stop at the bus stop. Prepared for cold weather in the north, I was really surprised how hot it does feel even when it is 18 C. The place was really good and the host didn´t appear when I came. The bad news was that I could stay for only a week and I have to find another place to live. This is why I have arranged meetings even from the first day. On the afternoon I went first to Brøndby for an arrangement with a muslime offering a room at quite good price. As you are going to the west, the area is not one of the nicest, big blocks of flats and not so safety at night time. I went to the station Brøndbyøster with the S-tog (S-train) line B. I waited one hour for the landlord, but he didn´t show up and I took the train to Lyngby. Going northern from the city center, there are nice and green neighbourhoods, really good to live in and even closer to school. Trying to find the school, I asked people if they know someone offering rooms, but nobody knows. I hoped to get room close to school or to see ads from other students, but the hell everything is situated on the Internet and you have to stay in front of the PC for hours like idiot, to get rejections even after 400 or 500 sent requests, but let´s go first to the room in Køge - my other appointment for the day. I was thinking a lot how it would be to travel 54 km. two ways each day and I thought it'd be ok with the S-tog line E. Passing the southern stations Sydhavn, Sjælør, Ny Ellebjerg - I am already really far from Lyngby and there are a lot of stations left. Friheden, Ishøj, Hundige, Greve - it´d be really good if the distance between stations was shorter. I left school at 17:35 and I got off at Køge station at 19:00. Ole was waiting, he showed me the room prepared to sign the contract immediately. The living room was nice, but the room for rent looked towards the north and it needed furniture. When I went out, there were a lot of Turkish people nearby. I have nothing against them, but what impression will I get from Denmark living in such place? The thing that really canceled me was the combination between distance and different time tables of the train at day, evening and night time. When I came to my place again, it was already midnight.
Abonner på:
Kommentarer til indlægget (Atom)
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar